The aim of this project was to create a poster for an imaginary apocalyptic movie based in Ireland. I had to first write the storyline, synopsis and logline before I could begin work on mock-ups for potential designs. The original images were taken with a Nikon 3100. All image processing and poster design was created using Adobe Photoshop CS6.
- The original image of the clouds was taken on a sunny day with blue skies.
- This project was planned, produced and submitted in a two-week timeframe.
- The credit block was created using the steel tongs font.
- The building in the poster is the Main Guard in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, which was also used in my Speed of Light project.
What I learned
- I learned how to work to larger dimensions than I was used to working with. This image was designed to be full movie poster size.
- I gained experience in correctly sizing typography for use on larger media items.
- I learned how to create a lightening style effect, as well as how to emphasise it through the light and shadows of the clouds.
- I learned how to create a visual representation of a storyline concept, through the use of sketches and prototyping.